Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Baby’s sleeping pattern


The wonderful thing about having a baby is you’ll find something new every day. Problems or I can say challenges to prove you as a great mum Hahahaha- come and go. My worst night happened in 1,5 months. My dear boy woke me up every 2 hours to get drink; unfortunately he didn’t want to sleep straight away!!!! Then that’s our job as sweet mum to comfort him. What make me so stressful is I need another 1-2 hours to make him fall asleep.

I asked my pedi how to get him into routine; he said feed him starting from 6 o’clock and then you wake your baby up every 2 hours until 6 times after that it’s up to your baby, whether he wants more or not. That’s not a good idea for my son… really, it just didn’t work for the two of us.

I read articles and asked my expert friends, they said actually baby will cry when they hungry, that’s it. No worries of how many cc he has drunk that day! I love that idea, we both love it!

Still he woke up at night, I’ve tried many methods, trust me!!!! I carried him around our bedroom plus singing for him…….not working. I sat on the bed carrying him and when he fell asleep I put him on the bed and he cried again à so stressful!!!! I’ve tried to make him awakes until 9pm what I got was he has bad tempered!!!! Finally after the stress, after feeding him, burping him and then I put him on his bed straight away and it works!!!! Don't talk at all, keep silent and show him your sleepy face. That simple!!!! But I believe it is because his age as well.

My tips for mums are sleep while your baby sleeping in the morning or in the afternoon, if you can’t sleep just lying down on your bed and try to relax. While carrying your baby, do your hobby, e.g. I read a novel when I carry him or I read something when I wait next to his bed make sure he sleeps already. Think creatively what you can do when you carrying your baby, but do not make a phone call from your hand phone, experts said the radiation affect your baby.

0 comments: