Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

vacuum extraction delivery

I kept telling my husband to call the nurse again; they thought my turn will be tomorrow morning!!!! Finally –Thank God!- the nurse came, this time she trusted me and she even shocked to know that I’ll deliver the baby very soon. Blood everywhere, water everywhere, she changed my clothes…..I felt hopeless, scare, painful, I just want this to finish ASAP! She brought me to the sacred room by the wheelchair, my husband asked to wait outside until the doctor come.The nurse put her finger in again and she told me it’s already the eighth dilation (opening), it’s about 3am.

The nurse asked me if I joined the Pilates or Yoga, I did! Only twice honestly Hohohoho because I was so busy! She threatened me if I couldn’t push correctly she won’t call the doctor; lucky me the doctor’s house just next to the hospital. The doctor came around 3.45am…I felt terrible. The doctor just stood next to my bed asks me to push. I kept asking a spoon of water to wet my lips and throat. After the struggles and it didn’t work, he told me that the baby will be in danger if we don’t get him out now while I couldn’t push well, so he gave me option, c-section or vacuum-assisted.

I was thinking, I’ve been struggling this hard, I don’t think I want c-section and it was expensive as well Huhuhuhu. The nurse up to my bed and push my tummy, my husband also asked to do the same thing from the other side. Don’t ask me the how hurt it was Hahahahha.


We decided vacuum-assisted, it is attached with the baby’s head and while I’m pushing, the vacuum will also pull my baby’s out. The risk is your baby’s head no longer round but a bit longer on the top and bruise –this is what people say- but it didn’t happen to my baby boy, the shape of his head back to normal very soon, maybe a day after, also the bruise. Jaundice also probably happen because the red blood cells in the bruise break up and release bilirubin, a blood component that causes jaundice. He was a jaundice baby. I have an article about this, take a look.

It felt funny when the baby really got out from your tummy, you can feel his body, such as shoulder and the legs. When I heard the first crying, all the pain are gone changed to joy and relieve. No one can feel it but the mums. It’s like a song for your ears (for that time Hohohoho)


My mum told me that the painful to bear when deliver the baby make women stronger than men ever! It’s true…..

My tips for mums are thinking about the baby that you’ll meet him soon, very soon, the joy when you meet him for the first time.

0 comments: